Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall is...Pumpkin Spice Creamer

I decided to take matters into my own hands when I couldn't find pumpkin spice creamer at any grocery store. I turned to Pinterest and found a recipe to make my own! I used this recipe and it turned out great! I did make two changes. One I did on purpose and the other because I must be blind. Instead of using whole milk I used 2% because that's just what we had. And instead of using heavy whipping cream I used half and half. That's because I did not see the heavy whipping cream in the fridge (even though it was right in front of my face). Oh well. Since I have some leftover pumpkin I will probably make another batch and use the whipping cream and maybe even add more pumpkin. It was so easy to make. You basically put everything is a sauce pan and heat until its streaming.


Then strain it to remove any gunky stuff...can you see  that little steam swirl! I strained twice and it really could have used a third time.

Then pour it in a jar and refrigerate! Voila! I picked up this jar at Home Goods (love that place!) for only $2.99!


And yes I did make a pot of coffee in the middle of the afternoon to try this out. Yummy! I hope you give this a try and enjoy. Happy sipping :)


Side note: After it sat in the fridge it did seperate. I had to give it a good shake before using it again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment