Wednesday, June 26, 2013

High Chair Re-Do!

I had been wanting a wooden high chair for awhile and I finally found this one at the Mt. Airy yard sale. For anyone that doesn't know, it's a huge yard sale at the carnival grounds with so many vendors/sellers. Last year was my first time going and it really is a major event! Cars and people everywhere! I found these awesome wooden crates that would have been perfect for newborn sessions. But I was disappointed in how much they were asking for them. Like $45 or something. No thanks. So when we went back this year I didn't have high hopes of finding anything for cheap. Then I saw the high chair with the little sticker that said $5! I was so excited! I knew it would be perfect for cake smash sessions.

I knew I wanted to keep the new paint color pretty neutral. Although I was really tempted to go with a bright yellow or red. Maybe next time. I'm no paint expert but this is what I used 
It's a twofer! I researched a bit about the best way of doing this. And the one thing everyone said was "don't skip the sanding"! So even though I wanted to, I didn't. I'm not even sure if I used the right type of sandpaper. I found some in our garage that said medium grain so I went with it. And it actually worked really well to smooth out the edges and the splintery seat. Then while Max napped I got down to business. The paint went on so easy and I'm so happy with the results. I think I might rough up a few spots to give it a more vintage feel. Yes?
I can't wait to use it tomorrow for a little lady who is turning 1. I will post the photos from her session on my photo blog and link it up here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment